The Piano Doctor
For over 30 years, we have been providing professional piano tuning and moving services.
The Piano Doctor is a one-person business run by Michael Eriksen.
Michael combines his passion for pianos and his experience to bring you phenomenal services.
Does your piano sound out of tune?
At The Piano Doctor, Michael only tunes by ear. The reason for this is that electronic tuning devices only deal with one frequency at a time, whereas music is all about many notes sounding in tune at the same time, as in intervals and harmony.
When To Tune
- A piano played by a concert pianist for six to eight hours per day should be tuned every three months
- A piano played by an AMEB student for three hours a day should be tuned half-yearly
- A piano played for two to eight hours per week should be tuned once a year
- A piano played only once a month can be tuned every 18 months
Do you need to move your piano to different premises?
Michael is a specialist mover with experience using high-quality equipment.
Having moved over 800 upright and grand pianos throughout Victoria, you can trust Michael will take care of moving your piano.
What's Important When Moving A Piano
- The use of trolleys with pneumatic tires ensures less jarring and protects your floors
- Michael takes care to double-wrap your piano with professional furniture moving blankets
- Furniture blankets also protect door frames
- Michael takes particular care when transferring your piano from the trolley to the floor
- Michael uses sheets of 19mm plywood to prevent heavy denting on your floors